The “Holz vun hei” project was launched on 1 October 2018 as part of the EU’s LEADER funding programme. The Natur- & Geopark Mëllerdall is responsible for implementing and coordinating the project, the duration of which is two years.
The project draws on the good preliminary work of the LEADER cooperation project called “Forest project – Network of densely wooded regions in Europe”, which was completed in 2014 in the Mëllerdall region.
The aims of the “Holz vun hei” project are to develop and expand on the insights already gained and to address in more detail areas that have not yet been discussed.
This has resulted in the following areas of activity:
- promoting and enhancing the “Holz vun hei“ label
- launching/building up a pilot project in the field of modern agroforestry systems
- providing further training, workshops and courses on the topic of forests and wood
- revealing the wide variety of possible uses of wood
- an information service on events specifically about wood and forestry
The further training sessions, workshops and courses are intended to appeal to a broad audience. Further information on the individual events will follow on this page in the near future.
In the following video, kids explain the project “Holz vun hei”. You can find all the video of the series here.
The Natur- & Geopark Mëllerdall has realised a furniture line made of local pine wood in cooperation with the ANF, the company Holzbau Neuman, the company Holz Theis and the joinery Knaf-Buchler. The realisation of the furniture line is intended to promote awareness of the regional resource wood and thus contribute to raising awareness of […]